KAL TIRE® “WIPE AWAY WINTER” CONTEST
(the “Contest Rules”)
- Contest Period: The contest held by Kal Tire®, Michelin (the “Contest Organizers”) will begin on March 13th, 2017 and end at 11:59 PM (EST) on April 9th, 2017 (the “Contest Period”).
- Eligibility: The contest is open to Canadian residents (except Quebec residents) who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence. Employees, representatives, mandataries of the Contest Organizers, of any company, corporation, trust or other legal entity controlled or affiliated to them, of Kal Tire stores, or of MICHELIN® tire retailers and brokers of their respective advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers of prizes, material and services related to this contest, as well as members of their immediate family (brothers, sisters, children, father, mother), their legal or common-law spouse, and any person with whom such employees, representatives and mandataries are domiciled are not eligible. To enter the contest, cookies must be accepted. The contest is subject to all applicable laws and federal, provincial and municipal regulations.
- Entering the Contest:
- To enter the contest, purchase a set of four (4) or more MICHELIN® tires at any of the participating Kal Tire stores in Canada (excluding Quebec) during the Contest Period. You will automatically be entered in the grand prize draw and will also receive a free pair of windshield wiper blades of Kal Tire’s choice to fit your vehicle.
- To enter without making a purchase, legibly write an original handwritten letter of at least fifty (50) words explaining why you would like to win the grand prize, along with your last name, name, complete address, including postal code, telephone number including area code, email address and age. Sign and send your letter in an envelope with sufficient postage to “Wipe Away Winter” Contest, 1540 Kalamalka Lake Road, Vernon, BC, V1T 6N6, so that it is received at this address no later than April 7, 2017 at 5 p.m. The Contest Organizers are not responsible for lost, held or delayed mail. Upon receipt, your letter will be validated by the Contest Organizers’ representative, who will enter you for the grand prize draw.
- By entering, all entries become the property of the Contest Organizers and only those selected to win will be contacted. There is a limit of one entry for the grand prize draw per purchase invoice/no purchase letter. A person cannot enter through both methods.
- Grand Prize: The grand prize is a Dream Vacation Trip (the “Grand Prize”) with a value of up to $10,000.00CAD, comprised of economy return flights from the destination of the winner’s choosing and accommodation of up to a value of $8,000.00CAD with $2,000.00CAD spending money. Total approximate prize value of $10,000.00CAD retail price.
- Terms and Conditions: The following terms and conditions apply to the Grand Prize:
- All other expenses and fees not expressly mentioned herein are at the winner’s and/or his/her guest’s expense, including without limitation transport between the residence and the departure airport, activities, meals, beverages (alcoholic or non-alcoholic), tips and taxes, personal insurance, Internet access fees, minibar fees, room service, local and international phone calls, hotel security deposit, if required, expenses of a personal nature and travel documents, if applicable.
- Travel arrangements must be made by the winner at least ten (30) days in advance with the travel agency chosen by the Contest Organizers. The winner must provide the travel agency with the name on his/her identification document used to travel, as well as the name and contact details of his/her guests. No modifications will be allowed once the travel arrangements are made.
- If the winner is unable or unwilling to accept the prize as indicated they may choose to take a cash settlement of $6,000.00CAD.
- In the event where it would be impossible, difficult and/or more costly for the Contest Organizers to award the prize (or a portion thereof) as described in these Contest Rules, they reserve the right to award a prize (or portion thereof) of the same kind and of equivalent value or, at their sole discretion, the cash value of the prize (or portion thereof) as indicated in the Contest Rules. The winner’s refusal to accept any prize or part of the prize releases and forever discharges the Contest Organizers from all obligations related to the prize, including delivery.
- Specific Terms Relating to Travel:
- Travel must take place within the calendar year of 2017 or winner will forfeit the prize. Travel subject to availability and blackout dates. Travel must be round trip. Contest Organizers will determine airline and flight itinerary in its sole discretion. Travel must be from a major international airport near winner’s home location. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in these Contest Rules, and those set forth by the travel agency chosen by the Contest Organizer and the airline selected by the winner as detailed in the passenger ticket contract. Contest Organizers are not responsible if any scheduled event is delayed, postponed or cancelled for any reason and winner will not be reimbursed for tickets. Tickets may be subject to issuer’s standard rain-check policies and procedures. Travel companion(s) must execute liability/publicity releases prior to issuance of prize documents. Restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. Lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, vouchers or certificates will not be replaced. By accepting ticket prize (if applicable), winner agrees to abide by any terms, conditions and restrictions provided by the ticket.
Selection of the Grand Prize Winner
- Date: Selection of the Grand Prize winner will take place at 1540 Kalamalka Lake Road, Vernon, BC, V1T 6N6 on Wednesday, April 12th, 2017 at 10:00 AM (PST) from all eligible entries received. There will be a random selection through a manual or electronic draw.
- Odds of Winning: The chances of winning depend on the total number of contest participants registered prior to the cut-off date and time.
The Grand Prize
- To be declared a winner of the prize and to be able to claim this prize, the winning individual must:
- Be reached by email or phone by the Contest Organizers within two (2) days of the draw.
- Correctly answer, without any assistance and in a limited amount of time, a mathematical skill-testing question to be administered either on the ballot/entry form, by phone or email.
- Fill out and sign an authorization and release form (the “Release”) which (among other things): (i) acknowledges and agrees to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of the winner’s name, address, voice, statements about the contest and/or photograph or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by or on behalf of the Contest Organizers in any manner whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the Internet.; (ii) confirms understanding, acceptance and compliance with these Contest Rules; (iii) confirms acceptance of the prize as awarded, and (iv) releases Kal Tire, the Contest Organizers and any and all of its subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, advertising or promotional agencies, prize providers, administrators, employees, agents, representatives and participating Kal Tire stores (collectively, the “Released Parties” or “Releasees”) from any and all liability in connection with this contest, his/her participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of a prize or any portion thereof, and return it to the Contest Organizers to the above-mentioned address within two (2) days of its receipt.
- If the winner cannot be reached within two (2) days of the random selection, refuses the prize, responds incorrectly to the mathematical skill-testing question or neglects to return the Release mentioned above as indicated herein, is not eligible, cannot accept the prize for any reason or does not otherwise comply with the Contest Rules, the Contest Organizers shall have the right to disqualify that selected winner, in which case he/she will not receive any prize and shall forfeit all rights to the prize, and the Released Parties or Releasees shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard. In such event, the Contest Organizers may, at their sole discretion, randomly select an alternative entry from the remaining eligible entries and proceed with the selected winner notification and qualification procedure outlined above (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such new selected winner).
- Prizes must be accepted as described in these Contest Rules and may not, in any case, be in whole or in part transferred to another person, replaced by another prize or exchanged for cash, except as provided herein.
Release and Limitation of Liability
- By entering the contest, each participant releases and holds harmless the Released Parties from and against any damage resulting from the acceptance or use of the Grand Prize.
- The Released Parties disclaim all liability for any of the following that may limit or prevent any entrant from entering the contest: malfunctioning of any computer component, software or communications lines; loss or lack of a communications network; or any transmission that is faulty or incomplete, incomprehensible or erased by any computer or network. The Released Parties also disclaim all liability for any damages or loss that may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, by the downloading of any web page, software or other or by the transmission of any information related to participation in the contest. Contest Organizers may not be held liable for errors or omissions in printed marketing material for this contest. The Released Parties do not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or any combination thereof, including any damage to a contest entrant’s or any other person’s computer and to any cellular phone or other property related to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials relating to this contest. For greater certainty, the Contest Organizers are not responsible if the telephone number given by a contest entrant is incorrect, disconnected or no longer in service, entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered are void. If, for any reason, in the opinion of the Contest Organizers, the administration, security, fairness, integrity or the proper conduct of the contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond its control. The Contest Organizers, at their sole discretion, reserve the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest (or to amend these Contest Rules) without notice.
- Persons who enter or try to enter this contest release the Released Parties from any liability for damage these said persons may incur as a result of their entry or their attempt to enter the contest.
- All entries are subject to verification at any time. The sole determinant of time for the purposes of valid entry in this contest will be the Contest Organizers.
- The Contest Organizers reserve the right to disqualify a person or to cancel one or several entries of a person who participates or tries to participate in this contest by using methods that do not comply with the Contest Rules or that are unfair to other entrants (e.g. entries exceeding the authorized limit) or are found to be tampering with the entry process or otherwise acting in a disruptive manner, as determined by the Contest Organizers in their sole discretion. Such a person may be reported to the appropriate legal authorities.
- Any attempt to sabotage the legitimate conduct of this contest constitutes a violation of civil and criminal laws. Should there be any such attempts, the Contest Organizers reserve the right to reject the entrant’s entries and obtain legal or equitable relief under applicable laws.
- The Contest Rules are subject to change at the discretion of the Contest Organizers without notice to contest entrants individually.
- The Contest Organizers reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this contest in whole or in part, should human intervention or an event take place that could alter or affect the administration, security, impartiality or conduct of the contest as provided in these Contest Rules.
- By accepting the prize, the winner agrees to having his/her name, place of residence, voice, statements, photo or image, and video capture used for advertising purposes, promotions or information in any media or format, without retribution or notice.
- Any decision by the Contest Organizers or their representatives regarding this contest is final and without appeal.
- This contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law and is subject to all federal, provincial, territorial and municipal laws and regulations of Canada and of each province, territory and municipality of Canada, respectively. If a section of the Contest Rules is declared or deemed illegal, unenforceable or invalid by a competent court, that section shall be considered invalid, but all unaffected sections will be applied within the limits of the law.
- The Contest Organizer’s failure to enforce any term of these Contest Rules will not constitute a waiver of that provision. When terms such as “may” are used in these Contest Rules, the Contest Organizer has sole and absolute discretion.