Vernon, BC - Monday, March 23, 2020
At Kal Tire, the safety and wellbeing of our team members, our customers, and the communities in which we operate continues to be our number one priority. With the outbreak of COVID-19, we have already taken many precautionary steps to help reduce the risk of spreading this virus.
For our passenger and light truck personal use vehicles, we are moving to providing BY-APPOINTMENT-ONLY Emergency Service at select store locations, effective Tuesday, March 24, 2020.
Online shopping for emergency tires and seasonal tire services is available on kaltire.com. You can also call your local store directly or 1-877-525-8473. In-person sales at store locations will no longer be available.
Emergency services for personal use passenger and light truck customers will include:
- Flat tire repairs
- Replacement of tires with unsafe tread – through new tire sales, seasonal swaps or changeovers
- Tire air pressure maintenance
- Mechanical repairs and maintenance required for continued safe operation
- Replacement of batteries
For our commercial customers, we will continue to provide service on a by-appointment basis. Contact your local store to make arrangements.
To ALL our valued customers, in order to adhere to strict physical distancing:
- Our store locations will be locked during business hours
- No customers will be able to wait in store while their service is being completed
- Customers will only be allowed in store while transacting payment but must maintain a safe 2 metre distance from others
- Payment for service must be made by debit or credit. Cash will no longer be accepted.
We will continue to use the recommendations of various health and government authorities to help guide how we continue to serve customers in the safest manner possible by:
- Further enhancing cleaning procedures at open locations, including cleaning all touchpoints on vehicles being serviced
- Encouraging team members to continue adhering to physical distancing, proper hand washing and cough etiquette practices
- Cancelling and restricting team members from non-essential meetings or functions
- Reinforcing socially responsible sick leave policies and requiring team members to stay home if sick
- Implementing strict protocols for reporting illness, self-isolation and/or self-quarantine
- Communicating all of the above to all team members across Canada
These continue to be unprecedented times and we are all doing our best to handle the changes coming our way, our precautions will evolve as the situation evolves. We thank you for your patience and understanding during these very challenging times. We will continue to be guided by the recommendations of the Government of Canada, the Public Health Agency of Canada, provincial governments and health authorities, and local municipalities in the steps we need to take now and in the future.
All of us at Kal Tire feel deeply for those who have been impacted by this outbreak. We value your business and plan to take all necessary steps to ensure our stores are a safe place for everyone. Again, the health and safety of our customers, team members and our communities are a top priority and we’re committed to doing our part to help keep you safe.