Vernon, BC - Wednesday, April 8, 2020
At Kal Tire, the safety and well being of our team members, our customers, and the communities in which we operate continues to be our number one priority. As transportation and automotive vehicle repairs have been designated essential services, we remain committed to supporting our customers with vehicle services, whether personal use or commercial.
These are challenging times, and we have implemented many safety measures at our stores to protect both our team members and our customers.
To ALL our valued customers, in order to adhere to strict physical distancing:
- Our store locations will be locked during business hours and customers will no longer be able to wait in-store while their service is being completed
- Customers will only be allowed in store while transacting payment but must maintain a safe 2 metre distance from others
- Payment for service must be made by debit or credit. Cash will no longer be accepted.
Our commitment to cleaning and responsible operating include:
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitizing procedures, including all touchpoints on vehicles before and after being serviced
- Team members adhering to physical distancing, proper hand washing and cough etiquette practices
- Reinforcing socially responsible sick leave policies and requiring team members to stay home if sick
- Strict protocols for reporting illness, self-isolation and/or self-quarantine
For PASSENGER and LIGHT TRUCK personal use vehicles:
We have limited the capacity in our stores in order to maximize physical distancing. We are currently operating on an “appointments only” basis. Please book your appointment online to maintain safety. Priority will be given to customers requiring their vehicle for emergency purposes. Online shopping for tires and seasonal tire services is available here on kaltire.com, by calling your local store directly, or 1-877-525-8473.
For our COMMERCIAL customers:
We will continue to provide our regular offering of sales and service, as most of our commercial customers are deemed essential services. Customers can continue to request commercial truck service in-person on the truck pad during business hours, by calling your local store for 24/7 Emergency Road Service, or after-hours by calling Kal Tire’s centralized Emergency Road Service line 1-888-KALTIRE (1-888-525-8473). Visit kaltire.com for store locations and hours.
For our LIGHT DUTY FLEET customers:
For LDF commercial customers (e.g. pick-up trucks, cargo vans, sedans), we will continue to provide our regular service offering on a by-appointment basis only. Appointments for LDF services can be booked by contacting your regular store, or centrally at 1-855-530-8473 or LDFC@kaltire.com during business hours.
These continue to be unprecedented times and our precautions will evolve as the situation evolves. We thank you for your patience and understanding and your valued business. We will continue to take all necessary steps to ensure our stores are a safe place for everyone and be guided by the recommendations of the Government of Canada, the Public Health Agency of Canada, provincial governments and health authorities, and local municipalities.
All of us at Kal Tire feel deeply for those who have been impacted by this outbreak. We salute all our leaders and front-line workers in Canada and send our heart-felt thank you for working to keep us safe.